Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great Motivator

This will be short since it's way past my bedtime, but I fell asleep upstairs. I just wanted everyone who wasn't a teacher to realize that sometimes we as a group will do or say anything that motivates our students to acheive heights that they would not think of otherwise. One of these instances came up for me today. The kids had a new "thing" they were doing today that they thought was the most fun and coolest thing they've ever done before. Give them a few weeks and they will move on to something else they think is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's just the way kids operate. Anyway, they kept asking me to join them and here's where I may have gotten myself into some trouble. I told them that if they received straight ones at their marching contest, that I would do this thing for them. What is this mysterious "thing", you ask? Well, rather than tell you, let me show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlHLCOLSThI


Of course knowing how great I am, it will probably turn out more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB32oCrl__0


My only hope is that they forget I made this promise when they move on to the next thing, or openly root against them to succeed when we go to marching contest. At least there is new motivation there now! I probably won't have to worry about it (famous last words). Maybe I should stop fooling myself and start thinking about my wardrobe? Ideas? Leave a comment!


Why couldn't I have gone into music performance?


PS: If the links don't work, e-mail me and I'll tell you what they were, or navigate you to the site.

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

your family wants a copy. we WILL post on youtube!!!!