Monday, September 8, 2008

Two 4-Day Weeks in a Row?!

That's what you get when the water pump in your town decides to go out overnight, leaving your school with no water. Technically it's a half-day because most of the kids were out of school by 12:30, but I'll take it any way I can get it. At the same time, I'm a little torn, because I have a lot of things going this week that I need to work on the kids with, not least of which includes the beginners getting their instruments and giving a test to my music class on Thursday. Not to mention Kayla and Brenna leaving for Athens this week. Not the most opportune time for water troubles, but maybe the kids will be in better moods this week because of it.

The weekend went pretty well. No broken instruments or students, although I did get a scare when the bus in front of the Suburban/trailer full of instruments I was following slammed on their brakes and I wasn't sure if I would get my load stopped in time to avoid an accident. The bright side is I'm the only one who knew how close it was. No one else in the vehicle seemed to notice. Saturday was great because the Dawgs won in impressive fashion, although I was very disappointed in ESPN's highlights that didn't show Mr. Moreno doing his best Superman impersonation (Able to leap tall defenders in a single bound!). Sunday was a fabulous day! I got to sing at church (A Casting Crowns song called "And Now My Lifesong Sings," or as Brenna calls it the "Hallelu" song.), then our friends the Djzuiks' (sp.?), sounds like Juke's took us out for lunch and we had an excellent time with them, followed by an exquisite nap of two and a half hours. Then Brenna and I came in to the computer room and listened to movie music until dinner, and Kayla and I finished out the night watching Coach Carter as well as some extracurricular activities (wink, wink). All in all a very good day!

Then came Monday morning, and I felt like the kid in the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day," because I woke up a little on the late side, which caused me to change my ringtone on my phone by the time I made it to the shower. I jump in the shower expecting to take a 7-minute-er in hopes of getting back on track, only to instead be met by a small trickle of water and had to fill up a Houston Astros cup several times before I could wash my hair and body completely. All this time, I've got a shirt in the dryer because I didn't have time to iron it, and it didn't look that bad. I bring this up, because the dog wanted to go outside when I went out to put the shirt in and I wouldn't let her because it was still dark and I didn't want her barking or getting into a tussle with whatever might have been out in the back yard. So, I get out of the shower and grab a pop-tart to sit down and scarf it before I have to get dressed and out the door, I make my way into the living room and there is a beautiful smell that greets me of doggy-poo all over the rug. Apparently she either really needed to go, or was really mad at me for not letting her out. So I clean up the doggy-poo and finally get out the door just in time to make it to school. The band hall is a disaster because we got in so late from the game on Friday night that people just dropped their stuff and went home (including me), so I didn't have any time to clean it, I didn't have any time to work on the other forms I was getting ready for the day, or time to work up an outline for my movie music class, so I was geared up for a bad day.

Turns out even the bad ones can be alright, all it takes is a broken water pump.

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

i should be so lucky! wouldn't it be a hoot if we lost water pressure when sacs is at our school tomorrow? i wonder if we have a vision statement for that : )