Friday, August 5, 2011

SA Journal Entry #1

While we were in South Africa, the mission team was strongly encouraged to journal for two main reasons: 1)to have a recording of what happened, 2)to see how God moved during the trip. This is my first entry.

7/23/2011, 7:00 PM, Houston Airport

I'm really excited and aprehensive for the trip to truly begin. I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of harmony and unity from the group so far. Although we're tired (not nearly as much as we're going to be), everyone is in a good mood and enjoying one another. A few are concerned over flying because they've never done it before, and for that I'm hoping to appear braver than I actually am.

The trip over was crammed, but enjoyable. The back seat of Ashton, Caleb, Kayla, and Beth were entertaining, more from lack of air conditioning than anything else. I was in between Jason and David and between the three of us fashioned some simple devices that passed air back to the back seat. After that, they were quieter and happier.

1 Cor. 10:12-Therefore, let anyone who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
God, remind me to remain humble and destroy my prideful heart.

No comments: