Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SA Journal #4

7/25/2011 Evening Journal

Amazingly enough, I'm ready to sleep again. The dizziness I'm experiencing hasn't fully gone away yet, but food helped. I'm looking forward to spending time tomorrow in the mission field that Jan and Erika have worked so diligently in. It was a treat to sit and eat dinner with them tonight. The opportunity I got to sit and pick their brains about the ministry was a priceless one.

I'm praying that I lean not on my own understanding tomorrow, but on the Holy Spirit's. I want to be bold, I want to show faith, I want to be humble, I want to listen, I want to serve. I also desire to be supernaturally rested so I can do everything God has called me to do. I ask that my wife would get rest and be energized and that anxiety would melt away from her. I've asked for weeks for God to give me something impossible as well as for something that is undeniably Him, and I feel I may get an answer to both those prayers tomorrow. I pray the God would continue the unity of spirit that is in our group, that Caleb's aches from his fainting spell would ease. I'm asking that God would give Kayla and I a deeper bond and direction in growing our family, and to keep Brenna safe and happy. God, show me the next step after Africa's completion. Give me boldness to ask the hard questions, because if it truly matters as much as I say it does, then nothing, not even my fear, apprehension, and insecurities can stand in the way. Continually remind me that it's not about me or my preferences, but about Christ's goals for me. I am a slave for Christ.

No comments: