Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Much I Don't Know

So there were two major events this week in the world that is Nathan's. Both happened within the space of a few hours, the first occured while listening to a podcast of Mark Driscoll out of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. He was talking about predestination. Now, I'm not one who believes in predestination, otherwise God wouldn't have given us, His creation, free will. However, Driscoll was making very valid points until he got to the main meat of his sermon and he started using the term "some". At this point, I stopped taking notes and went straight to my Bible to try and determine if anywhere in the translation I had did it say "some" in the passages he was using. I couldn't find any, but I haven't had a chance to search other translations, or the original text. My gut tells me, however, that it doesn't ever say "some." What I do know is that there is definitely so much I don't know about the topic. I'll get back to you guys on this.
The next event that goes with the title of this blog happened yesterday in Arlington, TX. I attened a conducting symposium and was reminded of several good habits to continue and other techniques that I had never thought of that need to be added to my repetoire. Again, though, there is so much I don't know about what I do. The good news is I learn so much everyday, that hopefully I will know a bit more than I do now. That's the goal of professional life anyway, right. Okay, read and discuss.
On a side note, it's Kayla's birthday today (2/10), and I've really enjoyed watching Brenna all day follow mom around and say "Happy! Happy!" which is the only word at the moment in the phrase "Happy Birthday" she can say. The really fun part will be next week when it's my birthday to look at the confusion that will surely be on her face as she tries to comprehend that my birthday is as close as it is to Kayla's. My fear is that the next week, she will try to assign a birthday to anything else, because Sundays must be birthdays! Anyway, that's the life of this Jones this week. Talk to you guys later!

No comments: