Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hey, Somebody's Gotta Win


I bet you thought this post was going to be on another subject, didn't you?

My mother-in-law is a fantastic lady. She was trying to do something fun, silly, and nice for Kayla and I while we were in Houston this next week for the holiday other than making us Thanksgiving dinner. She knows that I've been working really hard these past few weeks and Kayla and I have not had a lot of time together due to that, so she heard on the Christian radio station in Houston that they were having a contest to give away tickets to a Casting Crowns concert that was going to happen while we were there, and had us call as well as call herself to try and win us tickets. Anyway, she called us tonight and told us to listen to the radio via the internet and try for the tickets, at the same time she was going to try for them as well. Well, Kayla gets on and is sitting on hold for five or so minutes before the line goes dead and she assumes that it wasn't our time to win. Two minutes later, Kayla's mom calls and tells us she's won the tickets for us. So, as long as the football team can manage to lose tomorrow (everyone is still praying, right?), Kayla and I will be on our way to a concert at the end of next week!

Quick update on the game, we're playing that great Texas powerhouse: East Bernard? We're playing in Victoria, TX. which is again a little over an hour away. I have to drive the trailer because my counterpart has to drive the bus. And, it's an early release day because apparently everyone is either involved in or is going to the game. I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

ya'll have a wonderful time! call me from the concert. you don't have to say anything just let me hear the music!!