Monday, October 27, 2008

PLAYOFFS?!





The guy to the left is Jim Mora, Sr. and if you follow the link above, you will get the joke behind the title of this post. That guy was truly an original in the world of soundbytes! Yes it's true, the Mighty Badgers are for all intents and purposes on their way to the playoffs. We beat up all over our latest competition last Friday and there's basically no way to avoid going. So, I will at least be stuck with one more week than normal of hauling all kinds of equipment all over this God-forsaken state and unloading, reloading, herding, disciplining, playing, joking, marching, watching, etc.


On a happier note (say a C#); Kayla, Brenna, and I took off on Saturday afternoon for a trip to Sea World. This was some much needed family time after a week of not being home very often. In fact, I feel very guilty that I'm spending a ton of time with other people's children and not very much at all with my own. I realize it has to be this way during this time of the year, but I still don't like it. Yet another reason to dislike HS football season (notice I said HS football, did you see the UGA-LSU beatdown? Makes me nervous for next weekend, I digress...)
This week Kayla and Brenna leave on Thursday morning for a great trip that I am glad to say I don't have to be a part of: A Quilting Show weekend! I don't see how that could be any fun at all, but she (Kayla) really seems to enjoy it and appears to have a knack for all things sewing. If you have one of her creations, you know what I mean. Anyway, they are gone until Saturday evening, so that means that I get to be a bachelor once again for a few days. However, you shouldn't have to worry about me getting bored or slothful (not sure if that's a word, but I'm going to act like it is) because on Friday night I will be in charge of around 145 band students ranging in age from 11 to 18. Quite a task, but I think I can handle it. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Pastor Keith said...

I always thought B-natural was a pretty happy note, too...